Tuesday, December 02, 2014

EZRA LEVANT LOSES DEFAMATION LAWSUITE TO MUSLIM-HE NEEDS OUR HELP

JEWISH KING JESUS IS COMING AT THE RAPTURE FOR US IN THE CLOUDS-DON'T MISS IT FOR THE WORLD.THE BIBLE TAKEN LITERALLY- WHEN THE PLAIN SENSE MAKES GOOD SENSE-SEEK NO OTHER SENSE-LEST YOU END UP IN NONSENSE.GET SAVED NOW- CALL ON JESUS TODAY.THE ONLY SAVIOR OF THE WHOLE EARTH - NO OTHER

EZRA LEVANT LOST AN 80,000.00 DEFAMATION LAWSUIT.AND NEEDS MONEY TO HELP HIM PAY FOR THE LAWSUITE.HES HELPED US CHRISTIANS OUT SO MUCH. NOW WE CAN DONATE TO HIM TO HELP HIM PAY HIS APPEAR OR LAWSUIT LOSS.HE GOT 100,000.00 TO HELP THE OTTAWA AND MONTREAL TERROR ATTACKS.NOW HE NEEDS HELP.AND WE CAN HELP HIM NOW.THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING EZRA.

TO HELP EZRA PAY FOR THE APPEAL CLICK HERE
http://www.standwithezra.ca/

Khurrum Awan on TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfLVFJPVezY

URGENT: A former Muslim activist won a defamation lawsuit against me. I really need your help now.‏

Dear Stan,-Over the year, you and I have fought hard together for freedom of religion and freedom of speech for Christians. From the City of Nanaimo, to Trinity Western University, to the street pastor, David Lynn, we've been there for Christians who needed an ally.You and I have fought hard together for Canada and Israel, and against radical Islam. From our campaign to catch the pro-Hamas rioters in Calgary, to our pro-Israel, pro-Canada rally outside Calgary's City Hall, we've helped stand on guard for Canadian values.But I'm writing to you tonight, as a Jew and a Canadian, because I need you to help save my freedom.Because today I lost a defamation lawsuit against me brought by Khurrum Awan, the former youth president of the Canadian Islamic Congress. You can read the full ruling here. The judge awarded Awan a whopping $80,000 plus legal costs.There is something terrifying, buried in this ruling, that I simply must appeal — all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary.On paragraph 166 of the decision, the judge ruled that calling Awan an anti-Semite is defamatory, and that’s one of the reasons I lost, and have to pay him so much money.But Awan was, at one time, the youth president of the Canadian Islamic Congress, an anti-Semitic organization. At the time Awan was its youth president, the CIC was led by a notorious anti-Semite, Mohamed Elmasry. Elmasry famously went on national TV to state that any adult in Israel is a legitimate target for terrorism. The CIC has publicly called for the legalization of anti-Semitic terrorist groups.And yet the judge ruled that it is defamatory to call the former youth president of an anti-Semitic organization, anti-Semitic. Because he denied it in court, and said he never knew about his organization's infamous misconduct.

This is a shocking case of libel chill that should concern anyone who is worried about radical Islam, the right to criticize it, and the right to call out anti-Semitism in the public square.If this judgment stands, anyone who dares to challenge members of Muslim extremist groups on the basis of their affiliation with such groups is at risk of costly lawsuits — and all a member of the anti-Semitic group needs to do is to deny that they share the beliefs of their organizations that they work hard to promote, or say they had no clue their anti-Semitic group was anti-Semitic.If this ruling is allowed to stand, it will be open season on anyone who campaigns against anti-Semitism — any Jewish group, any pro-Israel group, even anyone who criticizes radical Islam. It is a national gag order, which will have the effect of silencing and punishing critics of anti-Semitism.This ruling doesn’t just affect my rights. It’s a setback for freedom for everyone.The comments in question were written on my personal blog six years ago, and so I’m footing the legal bills for this fight myself. The cost of the appeal will surely be at least $30,000 — and I’ve got to come up with that right now. If you share my belief that we cannot let this ruling stand please help me appeal this case now, by clicking here to contribute to my legal costs.Yours gratefully,Ezra Levant

P.S. I know you’ve helped me so much in the past, when we were fighting together for Israel, and against pro-Hamas rioters. I never thought I’d be writing to you to ask for help for myself. But this ruling could affect not just my free speech, but yours too. Everyone’s. Please help me appeal it, if you can.

P.P.S. If you prefer to send a cheque, please make it payable to “Chitiz Pathak LLP in Trust” and write “Ezra Levant defence fund” in the memo line. Please mail it to:

Chitiz Pathak
LLP Barristers & Solicitors
320 Bay St., Suite 1600
Toronto, Ontario
M5H 4A6

ALLTIME